Monday, March 23, 2009

What's the Point?

Some of you may be asking how the HaitiTrip Dinner idea was started and what the purpose is. Well, here is the short answer: my good friend Dustin and his future wife do amazing things there. Anneliese is a nurse who in a remote Haitian village means that she acts more in place of a doctor: performs surgeries (with a headlamp), treats TB, malnutrition and anything else that may come up. Dustin is a jack of all trades. He helps build hospitals, repairs water lines, sets up solar panels, surveys land, etc. But most importantly the greatest thing that they do there is show Christ's love to others. They build relationships with the people and pour their lives into them by meeting their basic needs and sharing the Gospel.

I have seen so many clips on television of floods, hurricaines and earthquakes in foreign lands. It breaks my heart to see that there are people who do not have their basic needs met when I have so much. Then it hit me... My close friends are serving God in one of the world's poorest countries and I am doing nothing to help. I would love to be there but I can't. But I can do something that is just as important. I can support them with my prayers and with my finances. I can help equip them so that they can give to others.

And in the giving, may people see that just as Dustin and Anneliese provide them with free gifts of food and care, Jesus also came to give a free gift-the gift of salvation. You see, I can't reach through the television and give my supper to a child in need but I can support missions through giving. And how blessed I am to have friends who are in that place. We each serve in different ways and how amazing it is when it is all orchestrated!

Please support my friends by praying for them and all they do!

and also HaitiTrip dinner is May 9th. And T Shirts are still available!

Blessings!

No comments: