Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Finish the Race and Fight the Good Fight

Our dear friend Mr. Eric Davis has passed to be with Jesus today. I have been thinking a lot about him and our time here on earth. How it is so short and we do not know how many days we have. What am I doing with my time? Am I redeeming each day? Spreading the Gospel of Jesus? Proclaiming God's glory everywhere I go? Am I living is each day as it were my last?

My heart has had a wake up call in this area. I want to commit my every day and my every breathe to loving Jesus. Not just in word but also in action. That I may invest my life in obeying and honoring Christ. That I like the apostle Paul, may obtain the crown of righteousness.

May I live in such a way that when I stand before Jesus Christ I hear the words "Well done my good and faithful servant".

O the deep, deep love of Jesus,
Vast, unmeasured, boundless, free!
Rolling as a mighty ocean
In its fullness over me!
Underneath me, all around me,
Is the current of Thy love
Leading onward, leading homeward
To Thy glorious rest above!

O the deep, deep love of Jesus,
Spread His praise from shore to shore!
How He loveth, ever loveth,
Changeth never, nevermore!
How He watches o’er His loved ones,
Died to call them all His own;
How for them He intercedeth,
Watcheth o’er them from the throne!

O the deep, deep love of Jesus,
Love of every love the best!
’Tis an ocean vast of blessing,
’Tis a haven sweet of rest!
O the deep, deep love of Jesus,
’Tis a heaven of heavens to me;
And it lifts me up to glory,
For it lifts me up to Thee!

- Envelope them in your love oh Lord.